Dermaplaning is an exfoliation treatment that broke the beauty scene just a few years ago to gently remove impurities from the top layer of the skin. It aims to make the skin’s surface smooth, youthful, and radiant. Dermatologists say this therapy is efficient for folks trying to make their pores and skin seem younger, clean, and vivid; however, outcomes sometimes are solely the final three weeks.
Since the pores and skin are uncovered to harsh environmental toxins, irritants, and solar injury day by day, it triggers the highest layer of the pores and skin to look uninteresting. It may make a person look aged. Dermaplaning clears these broken pores and skin cells, so newer pores and skin cells are what you see if you look in the mirror.
Subsequently, dermaplaning uses an exfoliating blade to skim dead skin cells and hair from the face. Dermaplaning is also called micro planing or blading. This treatment can be used for any skin type and anyone with dull skin, acne scars, dry skin, sun, damaged skin, botox, and fine wrinkles.
How Does Dermaplaning Work?
The dermaplaning procedure starts with a thorough cleanse of the face, ensuring that any dirt, oil, or makeup is removed to get the best results from the treatment. After cleansing, the scraping process will follow using a surgical blade to gently scrape and exfoliate all areas of the face until just below the jawline.
Once done, a soothing and hydrating serum will then be applied, helping calm the skin and prevent any possible irritation. The procedure shall end by gently massaging with a moisturizing cream and SPF to protect the new fresh skin.
What Are The Benefits Of Dermaplaning?
Removing the top layer of dead skin provides many cosmetic benefits like:
- Enables better product absorption: When applying creams and serums to the face, they need to penetrate the top layers to benefit the skin fully. Since it’s a type of exfoliation, the top layer and dead skin cells are removed, meaning the product can penetrate more deeply after dermaplaning. In this case, makeup will become smooth to apply to the skin.
- Removes peach fuzz: The most delicate soft hairs on the face will be removed entirely with dermaplaning, leaving the skin clear and smooth since the fine hair can trap sebum and dirt, leading to breakouts.
- Gives lovely soft skin: Dermaplaning incredibly gives a soft and smooth face.
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars: Dermaplaning reports a decreased visibility of depressed acne scars.
- Decreases lines and wrinkles appearance: Dermaplaning reports say that it gives less noticeable fine lines and wrinkles and a more youthful complexion.
- Enhances radiance: Since dead skin cells are removed, dullness is eliminated, and a radiant complexion will prevail.
- Non-surgical and minimal recovery: This isn’t a complex cosmetic procedure; within a few days, the benefits are visible without chemicals.
- Suitable for most people: It is generally suitable and safe for all skin types.
What Does The Procedure Look Like?
The dermaplaning procedure should be painless, with only a tingling sensation during the treatment.
- First, patients are asked to lie down on a chair in a clean, comfortable room. Options of sedation may be available for patients that often include local anesthesia or a numbing spray with an oral sedative or rarely general anesthesia.
- After the patient has relaxed, the provider will use an electronic or manual dermaplaning tool to scrape at a 45-degree angle over the skin, continuing for 20 to 30 minutes, on average, as the provider gently works to exfoliate the skin.
- After the treatment is finished, the provider will soothe the skin with a substance like aloe. They will also apply sunscreen to protect the face.
(online pharmacy reviews)
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a safe way to exfoliate, and most people will have little to no side effects during and after a procedure. However, some minor side-effects, which last for a couple of hours, are:
- Redness on the skin
- Minor Cuts
- Infection/Scarring (this is not that common)
What Are The Aftercare Instructions For Dermaplaning?
Sun exposure protection after dermaplaning should feature highly in the dermaplaning aftercare. The provider should apply sunscreen immediately after the treatment. Patients will also be instructed to ensure they have sunscreen (at least SPF 30) every time they go outside, even on cloudy days for several weeks.
In addition, below are the recommended aftercare tips:
- Avoid the sun: It is recommended to avoid direct sun exposure entirely and definitely not sunbathe for three days.
- Use moisturizers: Choose fragrance-free natural moisturizers and serums to nourish and soothe the skin.
- Avoid the heat: Likewise, to avoid exacerbating the redness, avoid too much heat for three days. Keep the hairdryer away from the face, and don’t use saunas or steam rooms.
- Don’t exfoliate: After dermaplaning, don’t exfoliate since this treatment is already an extreme exfoliation itself. Make sure not to scrub or use any exfoliation at least a week post-treatment.
- Don’t swim: Chlorinated pool or hot tub for a week following the treatment is not advised.
- Don’t exercise for 24 hours: To minimize sensitivity, redness, and the potential for outbreaks, avoid getting too sweaty for 24 hours following the treatment.
- Don’t wear makeup for 24 hours: Avoid makeup on the face for 24 hours following treatment.
- Avoid other treatments: After dermaplaning, the patient shouldn’t have any other facial treatments for at least a fortnight.
The provider should explain the aftercare procedure to the patients thoroughly. Aftercare ensures getting the best results for as long as possible. Dermaplaning effects usually last for 3 – 4 weeks, and it would be best to repeat the treatment every 4 weeks for the best results.
Suppose you are looking for a non-invasive way to tackle multiple skin issues at once, such as roughness, dullness, breakouts, and fine lines. Viva Vitality offers Dermaplaning, a trendy skincare treatment that involves shaving the face to promote skin cell turnover. This one-hour treatment removes vellus hair “peach fuzz” and dead skin cells, stimulating cell renewal and leaving the skin soft, radiant, and smooth.